I made this last Sunday and it was SOOOO good! Makes a lot and reheats great. I added 1 can corn, 1 can red kidney beans, and 1 can great northern beans.
|Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Verde|
Recipe type: Entree
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 4 hours 30 mins
Total time: 4 hours 45 mins
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped coarse
- 1 7-oz can green chiles, minced
- 3/4 cup beef broth (I used chicken)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin (I used 1 t)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt, to taste
- 2 jalepenos, chopped fine (optional)
- Prepare your ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Cook on high for 4 1/2 hours.
- With 30 minutes left, shred chicken, then stir. (if you have a kitchenaid, throw chicken in there and let it do the shredding)
- Serve with taco and burrito fixings. Is also delicious plain! (we just ate it as chili)